I’ve been trying to find ways to cut our water use (to save money and be environmentally friendly) and I found an article on Five Cent Nickel about tips.
Saving money in the:
- Bathroom. Our old roommate would seriously take 3 to 4 hour long showers. We would always ask him what the heck he could possibly be doing in there, but he would just laugh. I’m not even kidding about the 3 to 4 hours.
- Turn on the water right before you go in the shower, so that you’re not wasting any extra water.
- Try to buy shower efficient items so that less water is sprayed but still be just as efficient
- Try to have more native plants in your hard. Most places aren’t meant to have grass, and a ton of water is wasted on this.
- Buy a water efficient sprinkler system
- I tend to use a ton of different cups everyday. I don’t know why, I just like a fresh cup everyday. This is really wasteful though because we have to wash more dishes.
- Buy a more efficient dish washer.
- Laundry Room
- Yet again, buy something that is more efficient.
- Adjust settings with every use. Don’t have a lot to wash? Put your washer on the smallest setting.
How do you save water? Any tips?