Now that October is done, I need to take a look at the goals that I made around 1 month ago. My updated comments are in red and green.
- Start and Finish Homework Before it's Due. I am a major procrastinator. If I have homework, I will almost always do it the day that it's due during my lunch break. This significantly limits the quality of my homework of course. — Still FAILING at this. I just can't seem to start homework and projects early enough.
- Workout at least 2 times a week. — PASS. I have actually been very good with this. I worked out around 4 times last week and around 5 times the week before.
- Spend no more than $500 for entertainment and groceries. — PASS. I have done very good with this goal. I'm estimating that I spent around $250 on groceries and around $250 on entertainment and eating out.
- Volunteer at least two days this month. I know this isn't a lot, but I figure this is a start. — FAIL. Haven't really volunteered at all.
- Get my Flu Shot. Deadline: — Got this done in early October for free! All the hospitals offered it for free to anyone and everyone.
- Reassess My Budget. Deadline: After I did so well last month with food, I want to see if there's anywhere else that I can cut. — Did this, but I need to look at it again.
- Sell My Stuff on Ebay. I have a pile in my closet that I have designated for Ebay selling, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet. — FAIL. Haven't started this yet. I want to do this now though so that people can buy my stuff as Christmas presents (and hopefully I can make more money).
- Make a Holiday Gift Plan (and actually start buying stuff). I usually just wing it and buy everything on the same day, but maybe this year I should create a list so that I can control my spending (and so that I don't ring out with $1,000 worth of stuff in one day and die from shock). — FAIL. Haven't done this at all!
How did you do with October?
P.S. Check out Careful Cents' giveaway!
Subscribe to get the free Master Your Money course!
Join the free email course and finally learn how to manage your money better, pay off debt, save more money, and reach financial freedom. Get our newsletter and get access to the freebie: