Now that November is done (and it FLEW by!), I need to see and keep track of how I did for the month.
- Reassess My Budget. I found more things that I can cut (even if it’s just a little) PASS
- Start and Finish Homework Before it’s Due. I actually did some homework on time, so this is a PASS
- Workout at least 2 times a week. I don’t even remember the last time I worked out. That’s how bad it is. FAIL
- Call and attempt to lower student loan interest rate. I haven’t even thought about this once, so obviously it’s a FAIL
- Spend no more than $500 for entertainment and groceries. We didn’t go out a ton this month and our groceries were in line. PASS
- Volunteer at least two days this month. I haven’t volunteered at all. FAIL
- Sell My Stuff on Ebay. My pile is still in my closet. FAIL
- Make a Holiday Gift Plan (and actually start buying stuff). I started buying some stuff so I would say Kind of PASS
- Make a new/different meal at least 3 times a week. I have done this. PASS
- And last but not least, FIND A PART-TIME JOB so that I can start aggressively paying off my student loans. FAIL
How did November go for you? Obviously mine didn’t go too well, so December will be busy for me.
Lindsay @ Delighted says
LOVE that you give yourself a pass or a fail ha! You have some great goals listed above..I am impressed! Enter to win $150 worth of jewelry from JewelMint!
Dayna Leigh says
I'm with you on the failing to work out. Don't feel too bad about that one!I bought that dress from LuLus.com but I checked this morning and that one particular dress is sold out. They have a TON of super cute party festive dresses like that though on their site for good prices so check it out! You might find something you like 🙂
I think you did really well..you have plenty of passes which is better than all fails! They are goals so we try and reach them but sometimes we don't and thats ok to
Live Simply- Live We says
You did well! Plus school will be out soon so you will have time to get stuff on eBay and work out in a few weeks
Great job on your goals!! 🙂 And I agree with Live Simply-Live well, when school gets out you will have more time to sell stuff on eBay, work out, and volunteer! 🙂
Alll good. I am on the same page. Nov was NOT a good month for my budget or goals. However I did get one goal done and that is studying. Woohoo! December will be busy busy busy.
Newlyweds on a Budge says
You're doing better than me! I think I've had "lose five pounds" on my monthly goals for the past 5 months…
I didn't make any November goals because I hadn't completed my October stuff yet. I am happy to announce that I finally turned in my paperwork to the lawyer so all of my October stuff is done. I even called about health insurance. I don't have a clue as to why I was putting that one off.
Courtney B says
LOVE this idea! I need to put together a list of goals the beginning of each month. If I write them down I'd be more willing to get them accomplished!
Michelle P says
The Hills says
Hi Michelle, one thing you might look into with lowering you student loan rate is enrolling in automatic debit. I know with a few of my student loan programs they have perks such as a slightly lower interest rate or some other benefit through doing automatic payments. Usually that information is on the website. Also, where do you live? I found this thing called TaskRabbit recently…and it is a way to sell your skills and get paid…but they aren't in every region. I started the application but am on a waiting list until (and if) they ever come to Mississippi. Good luck in December! – Thoma shttp://www.thesixfigurediplomapayoff.com/