Here are habits you need to kick, immediately!
- Tanning. Tanning in expensive and will most likely lead to problems as you get older. Be happy with your color that you have!
- I used to tan all the time (I was never orange), but then recently I started getting weird skin problems, and I was told it was due to tanning and that I need to stop. I have saved a lot of money since I stopped. I have gone spray tanning though. I look like I’m dead if I don’t have some sort of tan, so I am guilty of this.
- Having credit cards with high limits (and maxing out these limits) but not making enough money.
- My credit cards ( I have 2 now) have low limits. I have never carried a balance, so I’m assuming credit card companies don’t like me because they’re losing money on me. I’m not guilty of this. Thankfully!
- Smoking. This is expensive. And deathly.
- I don’t smoke. I never have. My dad passed away partly from lung cancer, so this is my reason. The BF smokes, but he’s more or a social smoker. I wish he didn’t though. Not guilty.
- Shopping. Shopping purely for labels and not quality or what you need.
- I used to be guilty of this. When I managed a retail store, it was all about who had the nicest Sevens or the best purse, but now I don’t really care. I’m more about quality and classic items that look nice.
- Expensive drinking.
- Drinking is expensive. I’m guilty of this. I need to quit the habit of going out multiple times a week.
- Depending on your significant other. Both of you should have equal say about your finances.
- I’m not guilty of this. I probably control the finances a little bit more than the BF, but it’s mainly because I’m better with numbers. I go over everything with him though.
- Not having a budget.
- We didn’t have a budget for quite some time, but this has changed. Not having a budget can wreck you very quickly, so it’s best to have one. Not guilty!
What do you do that you need to stop?
Subscribe to get the free Master Your Money course!
Join the free email course and finally learn how to manage your money better, pay off debt, save more money, and reach financial freedom. Get our newsletter and get access to the freebie: