Here are habits you need to kick, immediately!
- Tanning. Tanning in expensive and will most likely lead to problems as you get older. Be happy with your color that you have!
- I used to tan all the time (I was never orange), but then recently I started getting weird skin problems, and I was told it was due to tanning and that I need to stop. I have saved a lot of money since I stopped. I have gone spray tanning though. I look like I’m dead if I don’t have some sort of tan, so I am guilty of this.
- Having credit cards with high limits (and maxing out these limits) but not making enough money.
- My credit cards ( I have 2 now) have low limits. I have never carried a balance, so I’m assuming credit card companies don’t like me because they’re losing money on me. I’m not guilty of this. Thankfully!
- Smoking. This is expensive. And deathly.
- I don’t smoke. I never have. My dad passed away partly from lung cancer, so this is my reason. The BF smokes, but he’s more or a social smoker. I wish he didn’t though. Not guilty.
- Shopping. Shopping purely for labels and not quality or what you need.
- I used to be guilty of this. When I managed a retail store, it was all about who had the nicest Sevens or the best purse, but now I don’t really care. I’m more about quality and classic items that look nice.
- Expensive drinking.
- Drinking is expensive. I’m guilty of this. I need to quit the habit of going out multiple times a week.
- Depending on your significant other. Both of you should have equal say about your finances.
- I’m not guilty of this. I probably control the finances a little bit more than the BF, but it’s mainly because I’m better with numbers. I go over everything with him though.
- Not having a budget.
- We didn’t have a budget for quite some time, but this has changed. Not having a budget can wreck you very quickly, so it’s best to have one. Not guilty!
What do you do that you need to stop?