I made a post in September about goals and what should be completed in September, What needs to be done in September.
Here’s how I did:
- Reassess Your Budget. Deadline: Thursday, September 1 – Check!
- I accessed my budget and realized that I desperately needed to curb my food spending, me and the BF used to spend an astronomical amount on food, but now it’s fixed! We’ve been eating dinner in every night!
- Go Through Your Closet. Deadline: Middle of September – Check!
- I went through my closet and sold around $75 worth of stuff! I was extremely happy that they took everything, but I still have so much more stuff to get rid of.
- Plan for Holiday Travel. Deadline: End of September – I have no travel planned.
- I’m not the type to plan my travel way ahead of time, but I usually don’t leave for the holidays anyways.
- Make a Holiday Gift Plan. Deadline: End of September – FAIL
- Haven’t made a gift plan. I usually just like to go to the store and wing it.
September was a pretty good month I think. I accomplished a lot and managed to curb my spending really well! I’m so happy.
How did September go for you?
Emma, Ella you pick! says
Nice $75!!! Good goals 🙂 xo Emma
Canadian Saver says
Great job for September! I'm gonna do my wrap up tomorrow 🙂
Did my wrap on Friday – bad start to the month but improved as time went on due to a fiscal fast the last two weeks.
September went great for me. I saved a large portion of money and still ended the month $2000 ahead. I paid off a huge debt that I had been working on over the past year. October is going to be all about saving, saving, saving!!!You have me inspired to make an October goal list. Thanks :)I did a closet pre-clean out at the beginning of summer. I turned all of the clothes around backwards on the hangers. Each time I wear something, I hang it back up the right way. Next summer I'm getting rid of anything still hanging backwards. The backward hanging hangers are bugging my OCD self but I got over quick enough
SuperMom Diaries says
That's awesome!!! I really need to go through my closed, too. I don't think I would make $75, but I would get rid of a lot of stuff that is just taking up space… I might add that to my October goals.
jefferson @seedebtru says
You (try to) start planning for the holidays in July??.. That is some serious planning ahead!! We try to start saving a bit, but don't start planning until late November!
It’s always a good thing to start out with small goals when you transitioning into a full-time entrepreneurial mindset. Achieving small goals challenges you to see what you’re made of, and also test you to see if you’re willing to stick it out long enough for experiencing future success in entrepreneurship.
I admire you Michelle for going the extra mile and never giving up from being far in personal student debt to achieving online millionaire status. It’s because of good people like yourself that I keep going in my personal journey building my online business from the ground floor up. Thank you for just being you! 🙂