Here are some ways to save on groceries:
- Learn how to cook from scratch. I've been trying to do this more, but I'm very inexperienced with cooking, so everything I cook doesn't always taste the greatest, however, I'm working on this! We've been trying to do this, but it's hard at times!
- Use coupons on things that you know you will use. Don't go crazy though! We really only use coupons on household items, but this has been going good. I haven't paid more than around around a dollar for shampoo, soap, toothpaste and so on in forever!
- Make a grocery list. I usually don't make a list when I go, and this is probably an area where I could possibly save a lot of money if I made a list.
- STICK to this list! See above…
- Plan your meals for the week. We're trying our hand at meal planning. But that's not going too well. I usually crave something else than what I usually have planned for the night, so that throws everything off.
- Grow a garden. I have a lot of friends who have their own gardens and I'm always so jealous.
- Don't let food go to waste. We are kind of wasteful in our house. There's only 2 of us, so sometimes it's hard for us to eat everything. If we bought less, we'd save money and less would go to waste.
Subscribe to get the free Master Your Money course!
Join the free email course and finally learn how to manage your money better, pay off debt, save more money, and reach financial freedom. Get our newsletter and get access to the freebie: