I got the idea for this post from House Full of Searls. Great blog, check it out! Yes I realize this is a little late in the week, but late is better than never. Right?
5 Things I Did That Were NOT Frugal
- Went out to eat a lot in the past 7 days.
- Bought all of my costume pieces, and that added up quickly.
- Got a spray tan because I was feeling super pale and people were asking me if I was sick.
- Bought lots of dog toys for the dogs because I felt like I was neglecting them (but I used gift cards that I earned from Swagbucks, so I guess that’s frugal!)
- And I can’t think of a 5th, so that’s good, right!?
5 Things I Did That WERE Frugal!
- I still have made dinner nearly everyday for the BF and I, even though I have been eating out. This way we can have leftovers later on still.
- Brought my lunch to work everyday
- Kept the air/heat off most days
- Spent less than $50 on going out and drinks last weekend!
- My friend and I are both trying to save money, so we have been trying to do cheaper things, such as staying at my house and watching a movie, cooking food for us at my place and so on.
What have you done this week that was frugal or not?
Girl Makes Cents says
Good job this week! And love the picture!
The eating out hurts! We have started a "only eat out 3 times a month" rule and so far we are doing pretty good with it. I think we had 4 this month!-Holly @ Eight Six Eleven
saving for travel says
Yes VERY FRUGAL, lots of country walks and reading before payday. My friend came over yesterday which WAS payday and we just stayed in and talked over coffee and a muffin! Today my family came over and I thought we'd pop out but we didn't! I think you're doing great Michelle and look forward to hearing more of how you're getting on!Sft x
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sorry for the delete! Anyway, thank you so much for mentioning my blog! I am so glad you like it 🙂 I think your week went really well! I really like the idea of listing non-frugal things also. I might have to start doing that since believe me I have many lol! Thanks again 🙂
Laughing @ #3 on your top list too… I'm a "lighter shade of pale" as well, I wear blush daily or I look like I'm sick too! Ugh!! lol!
Michelle P says
Thanks everyone! And Carla, I know! I have to wear blush everyday or it's a disaster.
Practical Parsimony says
LOL…I just stay pale. This week I saved money by using free food from the food bank to eat. I also cooked enough meat for 12 meals and enough sweet potatoes and white potatoes for maybe 12 meals, all in the oven at one time, saving electricity, hung clothes on the line, stayed cold and used NO heat, spent nothing on chicken food by scrounging produce for them, deliberately did not drive two days, Used an envelope from yard sale and card that must have cost me about 1/3 cent to mail to someone,and generally just did not spend money. Oh, I found haircolor on sale for $3.14 with a $1 coupon on it. So, I am good for 6 months now. I dehydrated 2 red peppers, 5 green peppers, 6 apples, dozen beets, 1 honeydew melon, grapes, and apples. I did this will free food and all in the dehydrator at the same time. I have not blogged about the dehydrating yet.