Learnvest had an article about being too busy, and of course it was calling out to me. I work full-time (50 hours a week), I spend around 10 hours a week commuting, I'm getting my MBA (12 credits this semester), and I have a house and pups to take care of. Even though I always feel busy, I still spend a lot of my time doing nothing. I'll get on Facebook, watch TV, go shopping, and so on.
Signs that you're too busy:
- Do you have enough time for your indulgences? I always somehow find time to watch TV, but not everyone does. Do you ever do things that you want to do? Such as paint, watch TV, go outside?
- What you need to do: Think about what you would do if you have no other priorities. And then DO THEM.
- When was the last time you worked out? I used to never work out, because I could never find time to fit it in. Now I try to work out at least twice a week. I feel more awake now.
- What you need to do: Fit in time to work out! Whether it's just walking the dog more or taking a walk.
- Are you afraid that someone will ask you a favor or to do something? I am kind of like this. My mom and sister will ask me to take out their dog when they know that they will be gone for awhile, and I hate doing this. They don't live far away, but they don't live along the way of anything I would be doing.
- What you need to do: Don't be afraid to say no, but also don't be afraid to help people out.
- How do you deal with changes? Do you completely freak out and pretty much have a heart attack?
- What you need to do: Make sure there's room in your schedule for flexibility. You never know when something might come up such as an unexpected appointment, a hunger calling, traffic, and so on.
Are you too busy? What are you guilty of?
Also, I just found this pretty funny video from the Ellen Show. Please watch! Her face when she is scared is just hilarious!
Subscribe to get the free Master Your Money course!
Join the free email course and finally learn how to manage your money better, pay off debt, save more money, and reach financial freedom. Get our newsletter and get access to the freebie: