Learnvest had an article about being too busy, and of course it was calling out to me. I work full-time (50 hours a week), I spend around 10 hours a week commuting, I’m getting my MBA (12 credits this semester), and I have a house and pups to take care of. Even though I always feel busy, I still spend a lot of my time doing nothing. I’ll get on Facebook, watch TV, go shopping, and so on.
Signs that you’re too busy:
- Do you have enough time for your indulgences? I always somehow find time to watch TV, but not everyone does. Do you ever do things that you want to do? Such as paint, watch TV, go outside?
- What you need to do: Think about what you would do if you have no other priorities. And then DO THEM.
- When was the last time you worked out? I used to never work out, because I could never find time to fit it in. Now I try to work out at least twice a week. I feel more awake now.
- What you need to do: Fit in time to work out! Whether it’s just walking the dog more or taking a walk.
- Are you afraid that someone will ask you a favor or to do something? I am kind of like this. My mom and sister will ask me to take out their dog when they know that they will be gone for awhile, and I hate doing this. They don’t live far away, but they don’t live along the way of anything I would be doing.
- What you need to do: Don’t be afraid to say no, but also don’t be afraid to help people out.
- How do you deal with changes? Do you completely freak out and pretty much have a heart attack?
- What you need to do: Make sure there’s room in your schedule for flexibility. You never know when something might come up such as an unexpected appointment, a hunger calling, traffic, and so on.
Are you too busy? What are you guilty of?
Also, I just found this pretty funny video from the Ellen Show. Please watch! Her face when she is scared is just hilarious!