LearnVest recently had an article about how to get a passport. I've been traveling a lot lately, but not out of the country because I don't have a passport. The BF doesn't have one either, and we are always talking about getting one, but the costs of obtaining one have been pushing us to push the date of when we get to get them back further and further.
Here are the steps if you're thinking about getting one:
2. Submit Completed Form DS-11 In Person
3. Submit Evidence of U.S. Citizenship
4. Present Identification
5. Submit a Photocopy of the Identification Document(s) Presented (Step 4)
6. Pay the Applicable Fee
7. Provide One Passport Photo
- Processing times can be found at the link above, but generally it is within 4-6 weeks and 2-3 weeks for expedited service
- For expedited service, I know someone who got it within 1 week, so sometimes it CAN be sooner, but not always
Do you have a passport? Do you have any tips for speeding up the process for a person who needs one at the last second?
Subscribe to get the free Master Your Money course!
Join the free email course and finally learn how to manage your money better, pay off debt, save more money, and reach financial freedom. Get our newsletter and get access to the freebie: