How do your finances stack up compared to others? What percent of your income do you spend on your different bills? I think this is a great article to compare your finances to others, and to kind of see where you should be.
For me, these amounts will all be averages and after tax.
- I spend around 21-24% on my mortgage payment, home insurance, PMI
- 18% on my car payment, car insurance, maintenance and gas
- 15% on food
- 0% on health insurance since we are both very fortunate to have free very good health insurance
- 5% on entertainment (the 15% we spend on food can also be considered entertainment, since we like to go to bars and eat as well)
- 2-3% on clothes
- And the rest on saving, miscellaneous, etc.
How do your expenses add up?
Subscribe to get the free Master Your Money course!
Join the free email course and finally learn how to manage your money better, pay off debt, save more money, and reach financial freedom. Get our newsletter and get access to the freebie: