What are seven things you can't give up, could live without, or have already given up? Here's mine.
7 Things I can't give up:
- Each of us having our own car. It would literally be impossible to share a car where we live, or to take public transportation.
- Getting my MBA. This will help me a lot with my future.
- My dogs. I love them too much. They are my children.
- My cell phone. I feel secure with my cellphone. Sadly to say, whenever I forget it at home, I feel lost.
- My laptop. I need the internet and I bring my laptop everywhere with me.
- Internet. I feel that you can do EVERYTHING with the internet.
- Going out on the weekends (I would of course trim this down if I needed to, but going out on the weekends does not have to entail spending loads of money)
7 Things I could live without if I had to:
- Cable. I don't watch TV a ton, so I could live without it.
- Blockbuster Express (the one that gets shipped to your house, not the one like Redbox)
- My new car, I should trade it in for an older model
- Unlimited texting on my cellphone. I could start calling people, but that would be hard 🙂
- My dryer. I could start line drying.
- I could turn my air conditioning up a little bit more
- Smoothies. I have smoothies all the time and I love them. They help me get rid of my migraines, so in order for me to eliminate smoothies, I would need something else for my migraines.
7 Things I have given up:
- HBO, cost around $16 a month
- Showtime, cost around $8 a month
- My excessive clothing shopping, I used to come home with BAGS and BAGS of clothes everyday when I used to manage a clothing store. My BF would get angry and I was at the point where I would hide my bags in my car and sneak them in.
- We used to drive around just for fun, but haven't done that since gas went past $3
- Internet on my phone, not really needed since I bring my laptop everywhere
- Tanning (I got rid of this to save money, but also because I don't want skin cancer)
- I eat out a LOT less. We used to eat out everyday for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Subscribe to get the free Master Your Money course!
Join the free email course and finally learn how to manage your money better, pay off debt, save more money, and reach financial freedom. Get our newsletter and get access to the freebie: