We had a great time on vacation! However back to reality now. I start my classes today and I'm not super excited. I'm taking 12 credits this semester for my MBA, while also working full-time of course, so I will not have much time left.
This is also a good thing because I will most likely be saving money because I won't have time for anything.
Expenses that I've cut:
- I cancelled my tanning membership. I just started it a couple of months ago because I haven't had time to go outside really, so tanning just feels nice on my skin. But I've really started to get worried about skin cancer, so I've eliminated tanning beds from my life COMPLETELY! I'm very happy about this. This also saved around $30 a month. I barely ever used it (maybe 10 times altogether).
- I cut my cable bill. I eliminated HBO and Showtime, which saves around $20 a month. We don't watch TV much, so this doesn't really affect us.
- I've increased my AC temperature in my house. We used to always keep it at around 72 degrees because the BF always claims that he's hot. I showed him our electricity bill and it was around $250, so he finally changed his mind and we've increased it a little to 75-77 degrees. This should save around $50 a month.
- We also make sure that we don't waste unnecessary electricity. If we're not using things, then we try and make sure that they are unplugged. Such as our phone chargers, laptop charger, toaster, coffee maker, lights and so on. This might save around $5-10 a month and also helps the environment greatly.
- We trimmed our car insurance by a bit. I increased my collision and comprehensive deductible to $1,000 instead of $500. I can't remember exactly, but I think this saved around $100 every 6 months.
- I've been using coupons to stock up on household items such as razors, toothpaste, soap, shampoo, toilet paper and so on. I try to get these items for free or nearly free now. I save around $75 a month on household items.
What expenses have you cut? What do you want to cut?
Subscribe to get the free Master Your Money course!
Join the free email course and finally learn how to manage your money better, pay off debt, save more money, and reach financial freedom. Get our newsletter and get access to the freebie: