I’ve earned this without paying any interest charges and by just spending the normal amount I spend each month.
I also plan on doing this many more times this year. In fact, we already have over 10 rewards credit cards between the two of us and we are looking for the next credit card that we want to “churn” right now.
Some of the rewards credit cards I have churned in the past few years include:
- Chase Sapphire Preferred – We each have this one and it has given us over $1,000 cash back.
- Southwest Cards – When we signed up, we received 2 free roundtrip flights per credit card.
- Chase Freedom – This is a great credit card that often has 5% cash back and it was one of the very first credit cards we churned for the sign up bonus.
- Chase Ink Bold – This one gave me $875 as a sign up bonus and in rewards after just 3 months of normal use.
- REI – This only had a $100 sign up bonus but you also receive 5% back on all REI purchases and there is no annual fee. Stacking the 5% on top of the 10% we get for being REI members is a great deal!
While I love using credit cards to my advantage and earning credit card rewards, I know that many have no idea what this even is or how to take advantage of the current credit card offers that are out there. Occasionally when I break out my credit card to pay for something, someone will mention how I shouldn’t go into credit card debt, so I know there are many out there who don’t know how to use credit cards to their advantage.
Below are my tips for earning credit card rewards. Hopefully with the tips below you can learn how to use credit cards to your advantage and start earning credit card rewards. [Read more…]