Email me at senseofcents (at) gmail.com or fill out the contact form below if you have any questions, tips, suggestions, guest post ideas, requests and so on. All are appreciated.
Making Sense of Cents has received several awards, such as:
- Blogger of the Month for the site Ready for Zero.
- Zillow’s Blog of the Week.
- Top 10 Personal Finance Blogs to Watch in 2015 by BadCredit.org
- Top Personal Finance Blog of 2012 Nominee (by One Smart Dollar and Ready for Zero)
- I have been nominated by the Plutus Awards in both 2013 and 2014 for: Best Personal Finance Blog for Young Adults, Best Blog Contributor/Freelance Writer and Blog of the Year.
- Top College Blog
- Bloglovin’s Top Blogs, and Up and Coming Blogs
- Top 50 Money Saving Resources by Scratch Wireless
- Favorite Personal Finance Blogs for Millennials by XY Planning Network
- Top 27 Stories of ‘Life After Debt’ by ClearPoint
- Voted Top Finance Blog by Broadview Networks
- One of WiseBread’s Top Personal Finance Blogs
- eCollegeFinder’s Top Finance Blogs
- 14 GREAT bloggers that will boost your income in 2015 on Money Tuts
- 10 Best Inspirational Blogs for Debtors by BadCredit.org.
I have been featured on the websites below:
- Huffington Post Live (on-air interview) and Huffington Post’s Can You Profit from Buying and Selling Websites?;
- Kiplinger’s Proven Tactics to Overcome Big Debts;
- The Consumerist (twice – one time was here);
- Lifehacker (here’s one mention and here’s another);
- Yahoo! Finance (I am a regular contributor);
- Get Rich Slowly (see my guest post here);
- Lifehack (regular contributor);
- US News (I was mentioned here);
- WiseBread (one mention is here – How One Young Entrepreneur Paid Off $40,000 in Student Debt By Age 24);
- Rockstar Finance;
- Business Insider (How To Pay Off $40,000 in Student Loans);
- Mint.com (here is my interview);
- Daily Finance;
- Ready for Zero (Article here, Blogger of the month here, and 17 All-Star Bloggers Share Their Best Fall Budgeting Tips);
- Forbes (see here);
- XY Planning Network (see here);
- GO Banking Rates (see here and here);
- ClearPoint (see here);
- The Everygirl’s Starting Your Own Business? How to Prepare Financially;
- HuffingtonPost (see here);
- Scratch Wireless (see here);
- Debt Roundup’s article The 54 Best Personal Finance Tips of 2014;
- Money Under 30’s article The Best Personal Finance Writing Of 2014;
- Shoptathome.com (see here);
- Smarterbucks (see here);
- Well Kept Wallet (here);
- The Debt Myth (here);
- Small Business Trends’ 10 Online Business Tips Suggested By Our Community;
- Grasshopper’s article 5 Biggest Fears For Small Business Owners (And How To Fight Them);
- The Centsible Life (here);
- Learnvest (one of the times can be found here and in Real People Dish: The #1 Thing That Inspired Me to Get Out of Debt—and Stay Out);
- “Goodbye Sallie Mae” – Round 1 on BrightCents;
- The Work At Home Woman (here);
- The Daily Interview (here);
- BankRate.com’s article 5 true tales of crazy credit card rewards buys;
- CouponPal’s article Best Of The Web: Tips On Saving Money From The Pros;
- And more!
I offer various online services. Do you need a virtual assistant, writing services, want to grow your blog or something else? I have helped many of my clients grow their websites and grow their online income. Below are some of the services that I offer. I offer many more services, so please email me if you are interested in hearing further:
I currently completely manage three websites for other owners, as well as six of my own websites. Due to this, I have learned a lot about blogging and I know how to manage a website correctly.
Some of the tasks I provide when it comes to website/blog management include:
- Managing and approving comments. If you are busy, then you want your blog to continue on just like if you were still there. I eliminate any spam, and approve real comments. I also reply to comments on your articles if that is something that you normally do (such as answering any questions from readers).
- Watching to make sure your website stays live. Occasionally, websites can go down. I make sure that if it does happen, then it is solved immediately and that there are no problems with your host.
- Monitoring e-mails and replying when necessary. I can handle your whole e-mail inbox, or I can just handle emails that you ask me to.
- Ensuring articles publish when they should. Sometimes articles that you schedule do not go live. Instead of worrying about that, I will ensure that everything happens when it should.
- Managing staff writers and editing content. I can help find staff writers, manage the topics they write on, and more.
- Writing articles while you are away (including ghost-written articles).
I can manage your blog for a long-term period or a short-term period of time. If you just need one week, one month, or some other time period off from your blog (such as for travel, to unplug, a vacation from your website, to start a family, to start a new job and so on, this is a service that I offer.
Below are testimonials of my blog management service:
“I hired Michelle to manage my blog for one week while I went on vacation for my anniversary. I’d never been away from my blog in almost four years, so I wanted to see what it was like to not check on it constantly and enjoy my time away. Michelle was great, and I had every confidence that she would ensure things ran smoothly while I was gone. Not only did she answer my e-mails and handle some advertising negotiation but she took the time to text me and let me know when my site was down due to a Blue Host issue, just so I wouldn’t worry if I checked it myself. My experience with Michelle was so positive that I recommended her to another blogger who took a vacation, and she will be managing my site for a few weeks during my maternity leave. My blog is my business and my primary means of making an income, so I feel really blessed that I was able to find someone who I could trust to make sure it ran smoothly.” - Cat at Budget Blonde
Blog coaching is a service I began offering in 2013, and it is a service I enjoy providing. Blogging is something that completely changed my life, and I love being able to help others do the same. Blogging allowed me to leave my day job in October of 2013 and pursue the career that I love.
Making Sense of Cents, as you can see from this page, has been around for a little over three years, but has grown very quickly. I receive over 100,000 page views each month, I have very engaged readers on my blog, and I have been mentioned on many different websites.
Some of the areas I can coach you on include:
- Creating your website. If you are completely new to the blogging world, I can help you create your website, choose hosting, help find a website designer, and more.
- Designing your website. Is your website easy for readers to use? I can help you create a better layout in order to increase conversions, increase the number of readers you have, and overall just to have a better website.
- Monetizing your website. This is a question I am often asked about, and I can help you come up with different ways to possibly monetize your website.
- Teaching you how to correctly use social media. Social media is an area that many do not fully understand, and it’s one of the most requested areas that I coach website owners on. I can help you better understand Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook, and more.
- Marketing your blog. You can have a great blog but no one may ever read it. This is where blog marketing comes in. I can help you find readers and increase the amount of people who find you.
Staff Writing/Ghost Writing
Are you looking for a staff writer or a ghost writer? I can help you with this! I can write for your website everyday, once a week, twice a month, or whatever will fit you best. I have written for many websites such as for travel blogs, finance blogs, lifestyle websites and so on. I also offer ghost writing services as well.
Social Media Management
Are you not the best with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and so on? These various social media sites are taking over the world, and you want to be included right? I can help you with your social media and grow your brand with social media interaction.