Email me at senseofcents (at) gmail.com or fill out the contact form below if you have any questions, tips, suggestions, guest post ideas, requests and so on. All are appreciated.
Making Sense of Cents has received several awards, such as:
- Won Best Personal Finance Blog for Millennials by the Plutus Awards in 2015
- Blogger of the Month for the site Ready for Zero.
- Zillow’s Blog of the Week.
- Top 10 Personal Finance Blogs to Watch in 2015 by BadCredit.org
- Top Personal Finance Blog of 2012 Nominee (by One Smart Dollar and Ready for Zero)
- I have been nominated by the Plutus Awards in both 2013 and 2014 for: Best Personal Finance Blog for Young Adults, Best Blog Contributor/Freelance Writer and Blog of the Year. For 2015, I have been nominated for Best Personal Finance Blog for Millennials as well as Blog of the Year.
- Top College Blog
- Bloglovin’s Top Blogs, and Up and Coming Blogs
- Top 50 Money Saving Resources by Scratch Wireless
- Favorite Personal Finance Blogs for Millennials by XY Planning Network
- Top 27 Stories of ‘Life After Debt’ by ClearPoint
- Voted Top Finance Blog by Broadview Networks
- One of WiseBread’s Top Personal Finance Blogs
- eCollegeFinder’s Top Finance Blogs
- 25 Must-Follow Personal Finance Blogs From Around The World on Blogtrepreneur
- 14 GREAT bloggers that will boost your income in 2015 on Money Tuts
- 10 Best Inspirational Blogs for Debtors by BadCredit.org
- 5 Blogs That Inspired Me to Pay Off My Debt by Dream Beyond Debt
- 10 Personal Finance Blogs You Should Be Reading by The Frugal Cottage
I have been featured on the websites below:
- Huffington Post Live (on-air interview);
- Huffington Post’s Can You Profit from Buying and Selling Websites? and Why I’ll Never Buy A Timeshare;
- Kiplinger’s Proven Tactics to Overcome Big Debts;
- The Consumerist (twice – one time was here);
- Lifehacker (here’s one mention and here’s another);
- Yahoo! Finance (I am a regular contributor);
- Get Rich Slowly (see my guest post here);
- CreditCards.com’s You did WHAT to pay off your debt?;
- Lifehack (regular contributor);
- H&R Block’s 5 Budgeting Tips For New Homeowners (regular contributor);
- US News (I was mentioned here);
- WiseBread (one mention is here – How One Young Entrepreneur Paid Off $40,000 in Student Debt By Age 24);
- Nasdaq’s 23 Reasons Why You Will Always Be Poor;
- Rockstar Finance;
- Business Insider (How To Pay Off $40,000 in Student Loans);
- Mint.com (here is my interview);
- Daily Finance;
- Ready for Zero (Article here, Blogger of the month here, and 17 All-Star Bloggers Share Their Best Fall Budgeting Tips);
- Forbes (see here);
- Cosmopolitan’s 6 Useless Excuses That Keep You From Saving;
- XY Planning Network (see here);
- GO Banking Rates (see here and here);
- ClearPoint (see here);
- The Everygirl’s Starting Your Own Business? How to Prepare Financially;
- HuffingtonPost (see here);
- Scratch Wireless (see here);
- Debt Roundup’s article The 54 Best Personal Finance Tips of 2014;
- Money Under 30’s article The Best Personal Finance Writing Of 2014;
- Shoptathome.com (see here);
- Smarterbucks (see here);
- Yahoo (12 Tips to Stop Wasting Money on Food);
- Well Kept Wallet (here);
- The Dollar Stretcher’s Creating a Side Income in Retirement;
- The Debt Myth (here);
- Small Business Trends’ 10 Online Business Tips Suggested By Our Community;
- Grasshopper’s article 5 Biggest Fears For Small Business Owners (And How To Fight Them);
- The Centsible Life (here);
- Learnvest (one of the times can be found here and in Real People Dish: The #1 Thing That Inspired Me to Get Out of Debt—and Stay Out);
- “Goodbye Sallie Mae” – Round 1 on BrightCents;
- The Work At Home Woman (here and here);
- The Daily Interview (here);
- BankRate.com’s article 5 true tales of crazy credit card rewards buys;
- Credit.com (here);
- The Penny Hoarder’s How to Buy and Sell Websites: Expert Advice on Maximizing Your Profit;
- Careful Cents’ 8 Entrepreneurs Prove You Can Earn an Honest (and Lucrative) Living Online;
- CouponPal’s article Best Of The Web: Tips On Saving Money From The Pros and Interview With A Savings Expert;
- MSN Money’s 23 Reasons Why You Will Always Be Poor;
- Studenomic’s The Article About Money I Wish I Read Before College (Open Letter to All Students);
- And more!
I offer various online services. Do you need a virtual assistant, writing services, want to grow your blog or something else? I have helped many of my clients grow their websites and grow their online income. Below are some of the services that I offer. I offer many other services, so please email me if you are interested in hearing further:
Blog coaching is a service I began offering in 2013, and it is a service I enjoy providing. Blogging is something that completely changed my life, and I love being able to help others do the same. Blogging allowed me to leave my day job in October of 2013 and pursue the career that I love.
Making Sense of Cents, as you can see from this page, has been around for a little over three years, but has grown very quickly. I receive over 100,000 page views each month, I have very engaged readers on my blog, and I have been mentioned on many different websites.
Some of the areas I can coach you on include:
- Creating your website. If you are completely new to the blogging world, I can help you create your website, choose hosting, help find a website designer, and more.
- Designing your website. Is your website easy for readers to use? I can help you create a better layout in order to increase conversions, increase the number of readers you have, and overall just to have a better website.
- Monetizing your website. This is a question I am often asked about, and I can help you come up with different ways to possibly monetize your website.
- Teaching you how to correctly use social media. Social media is an area that many do not fully understand, and it’s one of the most requested areas that I coach website owners on. I can help you better understand Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook, and more.
- Marketing your blog. You can have a great blog but no one may ever read it. This is where blog marketing comes in. I can help you find readers and increase the amount of people who find you.
If you are interested in starting a blog, I created an easy-to-use tutorial that will help you start a blog of your own for cheap, starting at only $3.49 per month (this low price is through my link only) for blog hosting. In addition to the low pricing, you will receive a free blog domain (a $15 value) through my Bluehost link if you purchase at least 12 months of blog hosting. FYI, you want/need to be self-hosted if your website is used for freelancing purposes or if you want to make money blogging.
Staff Writing/Ghost Writing
Are you looking for a staff writer or a ghost writer? I can help you with this! I can write for your website everyday, once a week, twice a month, or whatever will fit you best. I have written for many websites such as for travel blogs, finance blogs, lifestyle websites and so on. I also offer ghost writing services as well.