Over one year ago, I published the blog post Money Statistics That May Scare You. In case you missed it, here is a refresher:
- 68% of people live paycheck to paycheck.
- 26% have no emergency savings.
- The median amount saved for retirement is less than $60,000.
- The average household has $7,283 in credit card debt.
- The average student loan debt is $32,264.
Since then, I have come across other money statistics that have surprised me.
I do a lot of research as a personal finance writer. I come across money statistics that surprise me, make me sad, and some that make me worried.
The money statistics in this blog post might surprise you, but I want you to be aware of them so that you can be better than “normal.” [Read more…]