September Goals and Life Update – I’m Ready For Fall

September Goals and Life Update

It was National Dog Day the other day, so here’s an old picture of my pup and my laptop. Some of my favorite things in life!

Hello everyone and happy Friday!

This month’s goals update is a little early, but I figured I’d get a somewhat early start and think about my goals sooner rather than later.

Even though August isn’t over yet, it has been a good month so far. Nothing really happened this month. It was a relaxing month and I’m always all for that.

I’m more excited for September though. We have two trips planned for September, and the weather will be much nicer than August. I also love fall and the clothing that goes along with it. I’m ready for boots and sweaters!

It’s been a VERY hot month for St. Louis so far.

With the heat index, the temperature has been around 110 to 120 degrees each day for much of this month. Pairing the hot weather with the disgusting humidity that St. Louis has, it means I haven’t been outside too often lately.

Because we have been experiencing sticky and disgusting weather in St. Louis lately, we have been dreaming of Colorado even more.

We are still thinking about moving there within the next few years. We want to visit some of the cities we may be interested in again in the winter months. While we love the summer months in Colorado, I’m a little afraid that I will not like the winter. Anyone from Colorado want to share their opinion of what they think of the winter months?

August Goals Update

1. Make $13,000 in business income. PASS. I had another good month. I’m not sure yet if I will beat last month’s income, but it was a good one. Read last month’s post $14,937 in July Business Income if you haven’t yet. August’s business report will be out sometime next week.
  2. Work out 2 times a week. FAIL. This has been nonexistent. We have been eating very well though.
  3. Walk 10 miles on a trail once a week. FAIL. This has been nonexistent as well.

September Goals

1. Make $13,000 in business income. I’m keeping this the same. We are going on two trips in September so I’m not sure what will happen.
  2. Work out 2 times a week. I just can’t get back on the workout wagon to save my life it seems like.
  3. Work on passive income ideas. One area we have really been slacking in is passive income. I want to create an action plan to jump start this. If you have passive income, what do you do? What do you recommend?
  4. Work ahead on MakingSenseofCents posts. One thing I am very bad with is writing ahead of time for posts on this blog. I would like to get at least a few weeks ahead, with one day hopefully being a month or more ahead of schedule. I do have a question for all of you – What topics would you like me to cover? Are there any products you would like me to review?
  5. Have fun at FinCon! FinCon is this month. I can’t wait! I went last year and it was well worth it. This year it’s in New Orleans so I know it will be crazy… Are you going?

How did you do in August? What is your main goal for September?

What are your plans for the long weekend?

Comments

1. fatima says

congratulations on $13,000! i love the idea of setting goals each month im definitely going to do this! and financial goals is a great idea

2. Michelle says

I hate to tell you this-but the winters aren’t that bad(no humidity)…except I do think we will get a lot of snow this year. But that’s ok because for us we go and enjoy the snow by: skiing, snowboarding, hanging out in mountain towns. My favorite thing to do is to go snowboarding then sit in a hot tub (outside) while it’s snowing. Usually I go to Breckenridge. Michelle, basically, it’s nothing like a mid-western or eastern winter.

When I went to college out east people always asked about the scary snow in Colorado and I was always confused-until I saw the news and saw how they reported our winter weather.

Also, it’s sunny 330 days of the year, the snow melts and it doesn’t linger like it does out east. People still: ride their bikes, run, hike, sit outside on patios for happy hour, etc. ALL YEAR LONG. We embrace it. It is a little more low key in the winter because people go to the mountains and enjoy the snow. But, there is still a lot to do.
    Michelle recently posted..August Link Love, TSMCP Around the ‘Sphere, Side Hustle $, and Hire Me :) My Profile

3. kammi says

Congrats!!! I scored on the exercise (doing six days a week now) part but didn’t end up saving as much this month (it was anticipated, though; should be back on track in a few days). Take care of your health and drink a lot of water :) Cheers and Happy Labour Day!

4. Adrienne says

Hey Shell! Congrats on another fabulous month!

I would love to see a post on the best way to save up to buy a house, i.e. what is a good percentage to put for the down payment, what other costs should be saved for such as homeowners insurance, inspection fees, etc.

Again, you rock! Have fun on your trips this month!

Yeah, we plan on coming back in January and spending a lot of time here to make sure we still like it. We will probably visit Colorado many times to make sure it’s for us.

And I’m so glad you’re going to FinCon. Can’t wait to meet you!

5. Thomas @ i need money ASAP! says

Fall is a great time of year. Beautiful temperature and all the leaves start to change colour around us, just beautiful. My goal is to generate some additional income for i need money ASAP! outside of the paltry adsense income I currently receive. Just not quite sure how to do that yet…
    Thomas @ i need money ASAP! recently posted..Ideas To Make Money OnlineMy Profile

6. Celeste says

Hey michelle!
    For the workout thing,Ive been trading sweaty selfies with my sister in law who lives a few hours away. It keeps us on track and its a way for us to “workout together” even though we dont live near each other any more. Maybe u can try it with ur sister!

7. Mrs. Frugalwoods says

Oh I do not miss those St. Louis summers! In high school I had all-day marching band practice outside in August and it was just awful. I must say, I vastly prefer the balmy summers we have here in Boston. I’m with you–fall weather all the way! I really wish I was going to FinCon this year; maybe next year. Best wishes for an awesome September!
    Mrs. Frugalwoods recently posted..Weekly Woot & Grumble: Frugal Hound All Around!My Profile

8. Ravi Chahar says

Hi Michelle,

Good to know that there are some bloggers who set up their goal for the upcoming month.:)

In my opinion it adds some extra value in the confidence level. As when we think big then we like to work more and more which is beneficial for us and our we can reach to our goals.

The goals are not about income, they are about the total output of our work we are doing since last my years.

Wish you good luck for your goals.:)

Hope you are having fun this weekend.:)

~Ravi
    Ravi Chahar recently posted..Some Deadly Mistakes of Entrepreneurs Which Can Ruin Their Online BusinessMy Profile

9. Barrie says

I don’t set monthly goals…shoot, I don’t set goals at all. But I think it’s something I should do…I need to think of what I need/want to accomplish next month…

10. Tennille says

$13,000 that’s amazing! We had a great August putting $500.00 into savings and paying off one of my student loans, although I wont count it until the check is cashed. My husband has been putting in a lot of hours and I have been trying to earn a little money online to help.
    Tennille recently posted..August In ReviewMy Profile

11. Cindy B says

I’m ready for fall, too, just to get our family back into some sort of routine! As for winters…I grew up in western Washington where it drizzles all winter. I always wished I lived where there were four seasons. I retired on my 50th birthday and we moved to Montana. I love, love, love snowy winters. Since neither one of us have to work and be on the roads I suppose that makes a difference. Sunny days with snow on the ground produces the most amazing light!

12. Petra Varsányi says

Fabulous! Great job. :D Also, I am amazed and can only but congratulate you on your each month goals fulfillment! I really like it. I am wishing you a most successful September. :)

13. Mishelle says

I have a friend who loved from Colorado to the eastern seaboard and she still thinks of colorado. She misses the air I think.

I hate the humidity as well, it’s the worst part of summer frankly.

Good luck with the activity part of september though it’s hard to work out or even think of it when the weather is high on humidity.

M

14. Cami says

Congrats on the August income! I’m sure that as the weather is a bit more mild in September working out will seem more convenient. It is for me, at least.