May Goals and Life Update

May Goals and Life UpdateHello everyone! April flew by, didn’t it? I can’t believe it’s May.

May will be super busy for us. I’m going to Vegas next week for my bachelorette party, and Wes leaves for Vegas the day after I get back for his bachelor party.

Then we also have to get everything scheduled and ready for the wedding, since we get married in the beginning on June. May is also my birthday MONTH :)

It’s crazy how quickly everything is coming along and happening!

Also, the picture to the right is from my bridal shower. My bridesmaids threw a great bridal shower last month.

Spending

This past week has been pretty expensive for us. I don’t know what it was, but everything came up at once! This next week and next whole month will be super expensive as well with travel and wedding expenses. I can’t wait until July because everything should be back to normal with our budget :)

Business Income

April was super busy for income. I’m not sure if I beat March’s income (I haven’t finalized my earnings and expenses yet), but I do think I came close. I do have a lot of outstanding payments that will come in during the months of May and June though.

My income report for April will come out on Monday, so make sure you come back then.

If anyone needs any help, check out my Hire Me page and let me know what services you are interested in.

Being healthy

I have not been doing super well with being healthy this past week. I have been eating great, but I have not been working out. Since I am going on vacation next week, I am trying to get as caught up as I can so that I can take a break while I am on vacation. This means that my working out has taken a huge hit.

Here are some of my popular posts in April:

April Goals Update

1. Make $12,000 in business income. PASS. I beat this. WOOHOOO!
  2. Finalize the wedding invitations. PASS. These went out in April and we already received many RSVPs back.
  3. Finalize other wedding stuff. PASS. We figured out the location of everything (we are having an outdoor wedding), we made a contract on the bartender, and everything else.
  4. Decide on our honeymoon. FAIL. We are still not sure yet, but we are thinking Hawaii. We loved Kauai when we went a few years ago and we have been wanting to go back badly.
  5. Run 3 miles (4 days a week), with T25. PASS. I have been doing well with this, well, except for this past week.

May Goals

1. Make $13,000 in business income. I increased my income goal for May. I’m not sure how it will go though. Lets hope for the best!
  2. Decide on our honeymoon. We are going on vacation in June and we really need to finalize our plans.
  3. Run/walk 4 miles (4 days a week), and do some lifting/ab work. Our wedding is in one month. I really need to buckle down and start sweating for the wedding :)
  4. Have a great bachelorette party! Okay, I don’t have many goals for May. However, that is because I know it will be jam-packed full of stuff. I can’t wait until I go to Las Vegas next week.

How did you do in April? What is your main goal for May?

Have you been doing well with your income, spending and being healthy?

Comments

1. Mrs PoP says

Well done! Your wedding is coming up so quickly it seems. I hope we get to see some pictures here =)

Our April was pretty good on spending, even with 2 weeks in one of the most expensive cities in the world, so that’s a huge win for us.

2. Jon @ Money Smart Guides says

April was a good month for me as well. Income wise, it was down from March (but March was a record high). Still the amount that I was able to bring in was over my goal. As for May, I bought a personal finance blog the other month and am finally launching it to the world after re-freshing it ( it’s called Penny Thots – shameless plug!).

We have our honeymoon this month, so my goals are pretty basic as well. I have enough to do until we leave to keep me more than busy!
    Jon @ Money Smart Guides recently posted..From Great Recession to Great Concession: Why New Jobs Are Leaving Leadership Out (But Shouldn’t)My Profile

3. Jeff @Project Ikonz says

Hello Michelle S! yup its May already, may the force be with you. Have fun at your bachelorette party and congratulations in achieving your goals. Your definitely on the path on how to retire a millionaire, the passive income way. My end of April is good coz i got a raise at work. I’m still working on my goals and doing okey with my income and not spending too much. Also was able to exercise this week. Cheers
    Jeff @Project Ikonz recently posted..Ebay side hustle is awesome and crap at the same timeMy Profile

Thanks Jeff! And, I’m glad you think I’m on the path to passive income :) I actually don’t do much for passive income – that is something I REALLY need to start working on.

4. Stefanie @ The Broke and Beautiful Life says

I cannot believe how fast time has flown this year. I think it’s because I started freelancing hardcore which means there’s never enough time for anything ;) I don’t know how you do it all Michelle.

Have a fabulous trip to Vegas! My next two weekends are weddings so I’ll be partying too!

5. John @ Sprout Wealth says

Nice work Michelle, especially with everything wedding related that you have going on! April was pretty good, a record month for us both on the business and blogging side, so that was pretty exciting. We have a lot of spending this month though as we needed to buy new couches for our family room and a few other big ticket items, I’m just glad we had the money saved for it…even though I still hate spending it. :)
    John @ Sprout Wealth recently posted..Why Credit Cards are Not EvilMy Profile

6. J says

Wow! You are doing so well with your plans! Congrats on getting so much done. It looks like your wedding plans are coming together really nicely too. Have an amazing time with your friends in Vegas :) May is shaping up to be a busy month for me, but I’m looking forward to the nicer weather!

7. Michelle says

You constantly inspire me. Seriously, I am swamped today with work, but I made a point to head over here to read your recaps!

As for me, I hit $1k in writing income this month! So thrilled with that. I cant even imagine what 12k in writing income a month looks like!
    Michelle recently posted..Weekly Roundup #28: April Income ReviewMy Profile

8. Jason B says

So far April has been the best month for me. I finally made some things happen. I have two goals in April to get a FT job and to keep my Ebay sales streak going.
    Jason B recently posted..May UpdatesMy Profile

9. Joshua says

Great job! I can’t wait until I’m ready for my wedding financially. $12,000+ income…wow! You really did a good job there. I was around $6,500, but I’ll get to that point. Overall, my April was awesome. I failed on spending limits, but made more than expected, so it balanced out! See ya around!
    Joshua recently posted..To 5 Personal Finance Apps Of 2014My Profile

10. Kassandra says

You must be feeling excited as your wedding date is getting closer! Have a great bachelorette party in Vegas and congrats on yet another solid month of income! Oooohhh Hawaii, I don’t think you’ll regret going there for your honeymoon. The DH and I both had a really good April in terms of income and our spending was fairly low overall.

11. femmefrugality says

I’m so excited for your wedding! And the honeymoon…can’t wait to see where you guys go! I remember how much you enjoyed Hawaii last time. It’s a stressful time getting close to things, but I hope you’re able to fully enjoy every moment! Vegas will be awesome. :) April was a pretty good month for me on the blog. Nowhere near $10k plus, though! :p
    femmefrugality recently posted..Wedding Things (We got married!)My Profile

12. Izy Berry says

What an exciting month you have coming up!!! It must be crazy that your wedding is so close now. April was a great month for me, I bet March’s total by just over $2,500 which is a pretty awesome difference so I’m very happy.

13. The Wallet Doctor says

You are making good progress on those goals! Don’t stress out too much about not getting so much exercise in. At least you got a lot of healthy eating taken care of. The worst case is when exercise and healthy eating fails. Good luck on your May goals!

14. Poor Student says

Bachelorette party sounds fun! I’ve also not been very good with working out lately. Finals is coming up so I focus more on school than being healthy…