Life Is Great And Weekly Update

Life Is Great And Weekly UpdateHello everyone! I hope all of you are having a great April so far. This month has been really great so far. I’m not sure what it is…

The weather is great, the business is going very well, I’ve been getting outside a lot, my family is great and my friends are awesome.

I just have so many things to be thankful for right now.

Also, my bridal shower was last weekend! My bridesmaids threw a great bridal shower that was a lot of fun and had a lot of yummy food. Thanks again guys! I know you guys will read this :) We are also going to Las Vegas in less than two weeks and it will be amazing!

The picture to the right is Wes’s family’s property, and where we will be having our wedding. It’s super pretty and we’ve been spending a lot of time there lately since we are trying to plan everything related to our wedding right now.

Spending

The past two weeks have been fairly cheap for us. We have had a lot of wedding expenses (I talk about those below), but those have all been budgeted in for quite some time.

We did buy some more clothing this week, which kind of stinks since I was really hoping that we would stop spending so much money in this category!

Business Income

April has been a crazy month for business income. I’m not really sure where I am in regards to income, but I feel like the amount of work definitely exceeds past months. I guess we will see in my next income report :)

Right now, my main goal is to really work on getting ahead with my work. I’m trying to get around one month to two months ahead of schedule by writing several articles ahead of time, but that can sometimes be really hard.

Some weeks I write over 20 articles, which can then really add up quickly if I’m trying to get weeks or months ahead of schedule.

If anyone needs any help, check out my Hire Me page and let me know what services you are interested in.

Being healthy

I have been doing very well with being more healthy. I walked/ran a total of around 15 miles this week (did 10 miles on a trail with Wes and one of our dogs), rode my bike over 10 miles, and I also did a few different workout DVDs a few days this week.

The weather has been great this week so that really helped.

Wedding Planning

The wedding is just a little over one month away. I can’t believe it’s so close, I still have so much more to plan!

Life Is Great And Weekly Update

Our ceremony will be right next to this tree :)

We finally also sent out our wedding invitations last week. We received around 20% of them back so far as well. It’s really exciting getting them each day. Almost like it’s a present!

We didn’t have any luck finding a backup location. No one returned my phone calls or emails. And, if they did return a phone call or email, they were extremely rude and accused me of trying to ruin their venue (I really don’t know how these people have jobs). I guess I’m really just going to hope that there won’t be a monsoon on the wedding day.

The last big thing that I have been working on was finding a bartender, and I actually found one last week. I paid the deposit last night. Instead of supplying the alcohol ourselves and hiring a bartender separately, we found a company that will do it all. The cost is $2,000 for 200 people for 5 hours with all-inclusive drinks, which I think is reasonable. What do you think?

We could have saved a little bit of money by supplying the alcohol ourselves, but we get to save a lot of hassle doing it this way.

Recent posts on Making Sense of Cents

Have you been doing well with your income, spending and being healthy?

Comments

1. Thomas @ i need money ASAP! says

Hey Michelle! I’m always impressed by your work ethic. I find it hard to write even a few articles a week let alone twenty. With all your hard work its no wonder that your business income keeps growing the way it does. Keep up the good work!

That’s so lame about not being able to find a venue that wants to be a backup location. Blows my mind. It’s one thing to have the venue booked and have that be your reason, but because you are trying to “ruin their venue”?!? What?

Anyway side hustle income has been going well, just waiting on a few bigger payments and it should make my April on par if not higher than previous months. I also have been really mulling over starting an Excel blog…but there’s so much time you can spend on just one site I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t be wise.

Hope you have a great weekend!

Yeah, I just don’t get it. Some even had me explain what a backup location is and why exactly I would want one in a very DETAILED process, and then they would start yelling at me. I still cannot believe it. You have a wedding venue, why do I have to explain your job to you?!

3. Jeff @Project Ikonz says

Yes, about two years ago when i was still working in the oil and gas industry. I was fat that time because eating was our hobby in the barge since we work 2 months straight in the middle of the ocean. Anyway I think it is reasonable to pay them rather than get hassled. How to retire a millionaire without learning how to delegate tasks. I wish you luck on your endeavors as you get closer to your wedding day. Cheers.
    Jeff @Project Ikonz recently posted..Ebay side hustle is awesome and crap at the same timeMy Profile

4. Retired by 40 says

That property looks incredible! Also, $2,000 for 200 people for 5 hours is an incredible deal! Seriously, I work at the Airport Hilton in St. Louis, and after taxes and service charge, that bar would run you almost $11,000! I would love the name of that company for when we redo our wedding in a few years (we eloped the first time around)!

5. E.M. says

That stinks that so many people are being rude to you in regards to the backup venue. At least all the planning is almost over with! That tree is a very nice backdrop to the entire scene. I’m sure your wedding will be beautiful! $2,000 for the bar sounds reasonable, and the alcohol is one less thing for you to worry about!
    E.M. recently posted..Being Grateful: Twenty-Fourth EditionMy Profile

6. Kassandra says

Your fiancé’s family property looks so serene! It’s great that things are coming together for your wedding and I hope you’ll find somewhere that won’t give you grief in relation to needing a back-up venue. I don’t get what’s so difficult to understand about that!

7. Charlotte says

The wedding industry in STL seems to be run by a group of jerks! I’m glad you have stayed positive, your wedding is going to be beautiful no matter the weather :)

Spending has been great this month except I have been eating out a fair bit more than normal lately. Ah well, sometimes you’ve just gotta enjoy a meal with friends without any guilt!

Have a great weekend, Michelle

8. Kemkem says

Wow! You work and play hard!!! $2,000 for all inclusive for 5 hours is an incredible deal !!! Good luck with everything. It will be a great day lm sure.

9. anna says

Wow, that’s a great deal with the bartender! I agree about getting invites back and feeling like they were presents. I hope you have fun in Vegas! :)

10. KK @ Student Debt Survivor says

I can’t believe the wedding it right around the corner. I’ve totally been living vicariously and learning about the whole process from you and Anna and Wendy. I’ve never planned a wedding, but $2000 for 200 people and 5 hours seems like a great deal to me (they wouldn’t want to give that deal to my friends because they’d lose money ;-)