February was a great month, BUT…
We still have the squirrels. The gif to the left is how I feel whenever I’m laying in bed and I can hear them.
They are still living in our attic and they haven’t been interested in the pest company’s traps at all. Last week, we even saw a squirrel go all the way into the trap VERY SLOWLY and then he/she inched slowly back out.
It’s been over two weeks since they decided that they want to freeload off of us, and I’m really starting to get afraid that they will have babies in our attic since it’s almost that time for them.
Anyway, we had a lot of expenses come up in February, which kind of killed our budget. We had a lot of wedding expenses (I will have a whole post on our updated wedding expenses soon), I finally had my phone fixed (the screen cracked a few months ago, but my phone still worked so I wasn’t in a huge rush to get it fixed), we had to pay the pest company (even though I have no hope for their service now), and some other expenses came up. Was February a budget buster for you or were your expenses right on track?
Even though February was a bad month for our budget, February was a good month for business, and it seems to be flowing into March which is always good too.
Make sure to come back tomorrow for my monthly business/online income update. If you have any online income questions that you would like me to answer in tomorrow’s post, please leave a comment below and I will try to include it. Thanks!
I published my 2014 goals article earlier this year too. Read about them here if you are interested.
February Goals Update
- Keep our food budget under $400. FAIL. We didn’t do too well with this goal last month. We went out to eat a lot more than we usually do, but thankfully we went back to normal during the last week of February.
- Make $10,000 in business income this month. PASS. February was a good month for my business. Lots of new things happened – I bought another website and added a few new clients.
- Finalize the wedding invitations. FAIL. I didn’t even think about wedding invitations in February. I am still in the process of figuring out the timing for everything (such as when the ceremony will start, when the reception will start, etc.), but I NEED to finish figuring that out within the next week. Just because I am interested, if you have had a wedding please answer this question – How many people that you invited actually attended your wedding? Some say 90%, and others had only 75%.
- Find tuxes. PASS. We found tuxes. Originally I wanted to go the JCrew route, but the cost was just too high. Instead we went to Men’s Wearhouse since some of the guys are not from the same area as us, and we want everyone to match so Men’s Wearhouse seemed like the easiest route. We are renting Black Vera Wang tuxes and covered some of the cost of the tuxes for the groomsmen and W’s dad, and we also found a $40 coupon for each of them to use as well. I believe the tuxes are $160 for each of them after the coupon and our gift to them.
- Run 4 miles, 5 days a week. PASS. I have been doing really well with this so far. Last week wasn’t my greatest week, but the other 3 weeks of February went well. I have been doing T25, running and some lifting.
- Keep track of how many times we eat out. This is something that we either do really well with or we don’t. I want to keep track of how many times I go out to eat this month and try to keep it under two times each week. This might not sound like a hard feat for some, but occasionally I like to go out to eat and I use the excuse that I’m home all the time (and I need to get out of the house) to make me feel better. However, I just need to stop being lazy and I just need to make a healthy meal at home. How many times do you eat out each week?
- Make $12,000 in business income this month. I feel like March will be a good month, I can just feel it!
- Finalize the wedding invitations. Our wedding invitations really need to be finalized in March so that they can go out in early April.
- Finalize other wedding stuff. We still need to finalize contracts for the caterer, find a bartender, make a wedding website, and so on.
- Run 3 miles (5 days a week), coupled with T25. This is pretty much what I’m doing, I just want to keep it up.
How did you do in February? What is your main goal for March?
How are you doing with your New Year’s Resolutions?