I’m a Lazy Bride and Weekly Update

I'm a Lazy Bride and Weekly UpdateHello! I hope all of you had a great week. We went to Johnson’s Shut-Ins State Park (pictured to the right, we had a great time). It is so beautiful there!

This past week was a good one, except for two little things.

One – Wes hurt his back and couldn’t walk at all, which meant we had to go to a chiropractor. He is slowly getting better though, thankfully!

The other thing is that we still have squirrel problems, but they are almost gone! We had a new company come out and they are having much better luck. We have blocked all of their entrances, but now they are going crazy.

If you saw my tweets the other night, they were actually jumping off of trees and the sides of our home, and slamming into windows on our house (I wish I was joking).

I heard that this behavior is common if the entrance to their “home” is blocked. It was really scary to hear a loud thump and see a squirrel clinging onto our window screen about every 10 minutes. This picture below (I found that picture on the internet) of the squirrel is pretty much what was happening. Just imagine this going on for a few hours…

I'm a Lazy Bride and Weekly Update2

Spending

This past week was fairly cheap. I don’t think we spent much except for the $100 fee for the new pest control person.

Oh, and we also bought $60 in dirt for our house since we have some spots where puddles were forming – so we wanted to slope our yard a little bit.

I did notice the other day that some of the bulbs we planted in the Fall are starting to pop out of the ground. I’m really surprised this is happening since I am a known plant killer.

Also, we are thinking about going somewhere in Florida and renting a beach house for about a week in April. Are there in places in the area of Destin or Panama City (anywhere within a few hours of those two cities) that have beaches that allow dogs?

Also, in the month of April will these areas still be crowded with spring breakers (we don’t want that)?

Business Income

Last week was slow for business, but this past week has been super busy with work for me to do. I love busy weeks, so I hope this continues into next week.

If anyone needs any help, check out my Hire Me page and let me know what services you are interested in.

Being healthy

We have been doing much better with being more healthy. We have been going on a lot of long bike rides, which are my favorite.

We did go on a bike ride last week and my bike broke 15 miles into a the bike ride. Wes had to then bike back to the car because my bike completely locked up on me (and I went flying into the air). We took it in and got it fixed for free, but it does stink to spend almost $500 on a bike for it to break twice on me already.

I’m still doing T25. And, we have been eating healthy as well. We still have a good amount of cheat/treat meals each week, but I’m fine with that.

I’m also tracking my body fat percentage, and I’m trying to get to 20% by April 1st. I’m at 22% right now. I read online that a “fit” person should be between 21% to 24%, so I don’t feel as bad about the body fat, but that still seems like a crazy high percentage.

We are also starting to get into making our own smoothies. Do you have any awesome smoothie recipes to share?

Wedding Planning

We still have a ton of wedding planning to do. It’s scary to think about how much still needs to be done when there are only around 2.5 months left.

Main things that we still need to do include:

• Finalize the catering. Yes, this hasn’t been done yet, but it’s not my fault. I’ve been bothering the caterer like crazy.
  • Invitations. AHHH I can’t believe these still aren’t done.
  • Register. We registered at Target but we still want to register at one more place (REI).
  • Find a bartender. We haven’t looked yet.
  • Make a wedding website. I am such a slacker.
  • Signage. We want multiple signs for the wedding. We want some for the bar area, directions for the actual property (such as bathrooms, dancing, ceremony, reception, etc.) and then signs so that people can find the location of the property.

Recent posts on Making Sense of Cents

Have you been doing well with your income, spending and being healthy?

Comments

Haha what the heck is up with those squirrels? I see your tweets about them and I feel so bad. We have some big trees in our neighborhood and I definitely see them running around, but have never had issues with them jumping into our glass windows or setting up shop in the attic. I hope they stop bugging you soon!

2. Dave @ The New York Budget says

For smoothies – I like to use bananas as my base and then add another fruit (mangoes, blueberries, strawberries, etc) and then kale or spinach leaves (the whole thing still just tastes like a fruit smoothie)!

I don’t like yogurt smoothies, so I go with soy milk, or sometimes almond milk.

Oh, I also freeze all the fruits so that I don’t need to add ice.
    Dave @ The New York Budget recently posted..Cheap Eats: $1 Samosas Are AmazingMy Profile

3. Lauren says

If you’re feeling uber slacker-ish, Riley + Grey (www.rileygrey.com) has super easy templates (I think they cost around $240 for custom domain name, template, etc. All you need to do is upload your info).

Or if you’re looking for even cheaper, Weebly does free + starter sites from $0 – $100. It’s $40 for a custom domain name. I just built this one for a client (www.lizzieandpres.com) and it only cost me around $100 for the customizations, domain name, etc. It took me between 10 – 15 hours to do it (because she had a bunch of changes to style, etc.) but if you’re doing it yourself, you could probably do it in an evening.

Anyway, hope that helps!

4. jackie says

i’m a lazy bride too – there is just so much to do and I keep putting things off oops. that sucks about your bike – we’re thinking of getting bikes for the summer, which would help too with my pre-wedding getting in shape plan (since we’re getting married in sept). so scary/annoying about the squirrels. hopefully that issue will be fixed soon!

5. Beachgirl says

I’ve been enjoying reading about your wedding planning, especially as I’m also wedding planning. I’m not getting married until October, so I’ve got a few extra months. But it’s easy to let things slip. I’ve talked about wedding planning some on my blog, but I really need to talk about it more. Best of luck! And keep up the posts.

P.S. I used weddingwire.com for my website. It’s free other than buying your own domain if you want one. It was really easy to set up and they have lots of options for various pages. The site also can keep track of your guest list and stuff if you want it to.

6. Kristin says

I would definitely be freaked out if squirrels were slamming and clinging onto my windows! I’m glad that you found out it was common and not that you had a case of possessed squirrels!

For your smoothie, it’s really easy to add about a quarter or half an avocado into the smoothie (depending on how much you are making) and it doesn’t really change the flavor- but adds a lot of nutrients! I’ve also heard that the pit of the smoothie is supposed to be full of nutrients. If you try that, DON’T put the entire thing into the blender like I did- it comes out bitter tasting and has an awful texture. A slice perhaps, but I just avoid it now. Also super easy to add a bit of hot chocolate mix or protein powder without altering the taste. As someone else mentioned before, all you need are a banana, some sort of milk, and another fruit. If you add less milk and maybe a bit more ice, it comes out thicker and more like a dessert that you can eat with a spoon! I love smoothies!

7. Tonya@Budget and the Beach says

If that is what is considered fit then I’m at fat cow. I’m at 27% and no matter how much running and weights I’ve done that hasn’t budged. Basically yeah it’s kind of important but BMI is more important. I’m certainly not “not fit” because mine is 27%. That sounds horrible sad about the squirrels! I would have a hard time listening to them do that. :(
    Tonya@Budget and the Beach recently posted..Back from IcelandMy Profile

8. jane savers @ solving the money puzzle says

Dairy Queen has a buy one get one free Blizzard sale on. That has impacted my goals of healthy eating and spending as little money as possible. Thank heavens the sale ends this weekend.

I got a tiny little raise at work but it just brings me up to the income level that I was at at the end of December. Tax deductions for federal tax and unemployment insurance went up January 1, 2014 in Canada and it meant a smaller pay cheque for me. Back up to a solid $1,350 net every 2 weeks.

9. Daisy says

You are getting married in 2015, right? If so, you are WAY more on top of things than I was. I am getting married this year and only got engaged in September! We still haven’t asked one member of our wedding party to be part of it, haha. Woops!

Sounds like you are doing really well with your health goals. I too am trying to get healthy. Only 4 more months until my wedding and 6 until I’m going to be trekking, so I need to up my physical fitness!

10. anna says

Oh my gosh, that picture is hilarious!! Though I imagine it would be kind of scary to hear it all the time. I don’t think you’re a lazy bride at all – I remember you planning your wedding way in advance, and it inspired me to get on the ball! I hope you manage to finalize the eats and drinks soon! :)

11. Heather @ 20 Something Syndrome says

I’ll be in Panama City Beach in May! They have the dog beach that is near pier park that allows dogs that are on leashes. Other than that I don’t think maybe Bay County beaches allow dogs at all which was a surprise to me last year as I’ve always taken the dogs with me! They also allow them at shell island but you have to get there by boat. Might get kind of pricey. In my experience PCB doesn’t typically get too busy until around May so if you’re going early April you should be fine :)
    Heather @ 20 Something Syndrome recently posted..Goal Updates 3/21My Profile

12. KK @ Student Debt Survivor says

So sorry to hear about Wes, hope he’s feeling better. That squirrel thing is terrifying. I had no idea they did that. I really need to start T25 again. I really liked it and was feeling great, but stopped when I got sick a few months ago.