Hey everyone! Happy Monday and Memorial Day. We had a BBQ on Saturday for my birthday and BBQed at W’s parents’ house yesterday. We also went to a winery yesterday and drove around wine country. It has been a fun weekend so far! I have today off from work and will probably just spend it at home.
My birthday was last week and I wanted to say thank you to everyone who said Happy Birthday to me. Love you all!
Last week, I published my Pursuing What I Love or What Brings in the (Stable) Money post and all of you said very nice things. A lot of you had awesome tips that I will have to keep in mind when I make the switch.
So, yes, you heard it, I will be making the switch. I have a date in mind and have told some of you. It’s not within the next month, and that’s because I want to be better prepared. I need to start focusing on becoming more diversified. If you have any other tips on self-employment, please share below!
Student Loan Update
My student loans are still scheduled to be paid off completely in June. I can’t wait! I know that I’ve had some delays, but I am still of course very happy with my progress. Also, not putting thousands of dollars (my minimum payment was less than $500 but I’ve been throwing a lot of extra money towards the loans) towards student loans every single month will feel awesome!
We spent a decent amount last week. We were going to replace all of our patio furniture but couldn’t find anything that we liked. We went to over 5 stores and didn’t find anything. Then we had the idea to use Rustoleum on the patio furniture that we currently have and it all turned out awesome. We painted the table a bright coral and the chairs white. We also bought a lot of big plants and that helped spruce up the patio. Then strung up some lights around the whole patio and now it looks awesome!
We spent only around $100 out-of-pocket (the rest came from a gift card), which isn’t bad at all!
Extra Income (does not include income from our main jobs)
Extra income was good last week. I’m expecting a couple of payments this week. I probably need a better system for this because I have a good amount outstanding that need to be collected.
Affiliate income for me is still going great but I need to start focusing on this more. I’m looking into additional products and I really think that I can be doing better. I am also still looking into additional streams of income. I actually have a couple of new side hustles in the works and I can’t wait to get them started! A lot of you have asked me how you can increase the amount you make from side hustles, and my main tip is to NETWORK, NETWORK, NETWORK! I tell everyone this. The new side hustles that I have in the works are all from me networking with others.
Posts from my blog:
- Student Loan Update and $805 in Extra Income – My weekly update post.
- How I Live in a 400 Sq. Ft. House – My Minimalist Home – This is an awesome post by Jordann. A lot of you have been very interested in the small home that she lives in.
- Negotiate For A Raise or Work on Side Income – Is a raise as important as working on side income for you? Different people have different opinions on this. It all comes down to time, money, and value.
- Pursuing What I Love or What Brings in the (Stable) Money
- Thursday Rant: 2008? Huh? What!? 1500 Days to Freedom – This is a great post! I read the articles mentioned in this post and they are all great reads. Really makes you think what might happen…
- Making “Enough” for Everything Isn’t Possible – Be Happy Anyway BITFS – This is something that W and I talk about a lot. At what point are we making “enough” and can slow down and enjoy what we already have?
- The History of Budget Blonde and an Announcement Budget Blonde – She has an awesome announcement! Very similar to my announcement…
- You Don’t Have To Quit Your Job and Start Your Own Business To Follow Your Passion… Advice From A Former Freelancer Frugal Beautiful – This post was published on the same day that I made my post about whether or not I want to pursue my passion. A very interesting read since she is doing the exact opposite.
- He Said She Said: One Year of Blogging Planting Our Pennies – Go say congrats to them! One year blogging is always important.
- How to Blog Carnival-First Edition
- How to Blog Carnival-More Blogging Tips
I have been doing HORRIBLE with being healthy. I find this funny because this past weekend I have been asked by 4 or 5 different people about how being more healthy is going. Of course once I am on a bad streak, people are interested. Haha! Anyways, I need to get back on track. I haven’t run in a very long time or anything else. I also haven’t been eating very healthy.
Have you been doing well with your extra income, spending and being healthy?