$1,193 in Extra Income, Life and Picture Updates

Happy Monday everyone! Another Weekly Update post here so I hope you all enjoy. I don’t think I’ve had one of these in a couple of weeks so I hope you’re ready for me to ramble on.

I loved all of the holiday celebrations and we had a great time on Christmas, Christmas with W’s family and on New Year’s Eve. Probably spent too much money but who honestly doesn’t spend too much money on the holidays?!

I’ve been meaning to post this but keep forgetting. Thank you to everyone who actually reads my blog. I hope you all continue to enjoy reading what I write in 2013!

My weekly update posts were extremely popular in 2012, mainly because of my extra income updates within them I am assuming. My Extra Income tab was also popular, and I really need to continue working on it. My travel posts were also well received. Click on my TRAVEL tab above (I just made it yesterday and is currently a major work in progress, so keep that in mind).

Below are my most popular posts in 2012 according to page views (in no particular order). This is a long list because I also wanted to share so many of these again with you:

1. My $38,000 Student Loan Payoff Plan
  2. Buying a House at 20
  3. Should I still be anonymous
  4. Maintaining a Minimalist Wardrobe (This was by Jordann. I get a TON of search traffic from this post)
  5. Identity Theft (How Someone Bought a House In My Name)
  6. Could You Live on Minimum Wage
  7. What They Don’t Tell You When You Graduate
  8. Work Wear
  9. Budget Busters And My Plans
  10. He Makes Less Money So What?
  11. My Dumb Inheritance Decision
  12. Dual Income No Kids

Here are some Instagram pictures from our trip to St. Thomas and St. John. And the balcony picture below was actually  OUR VIEW from our room!

My updates

Spending:

We did great with our spending since my last update. I don’t think I’ve bought anything. I did try finding stuff at the mall since I have a couple of gift cards but I didn’t like anything. Doesn’t that always happen? You have gift cards to spend and then you can’t find ANYTHING? And then you’re tempted to buy something that you might like just because you have the gift card to buy it with?

Extra Income (this is extra income & does not include salary from our jobs):

I only included the first 5 days of this month in my extra income update because I wanted to start the year over and not include 2012. I figured this would make it easier to keep track of 2013. I made $868 last week and I also received $325 from my sister for rent. So I made $1,193 in extra income so far in 2013.

This is definitely a good amount. I realize that this past week was still a vacation week for most because of the day that New Year’s Eve and Day fell on, so I’m sure next week I will be super busy with things to do.

Food:

No meal plan for this week. I’ve been kind of winging it this past week but thankfully it hasn’t been killing our food budget too badly. I’ve just been lazy about it lately. If you have any recipes or you posted any on your blog recently, then share it in the comments below! I’m always looking for something new.

Being healthy:

I’ve been doing pretty horrible with this and I noticed that I gained a couple of pounds since the last time I weighed myself. We still haven’t looked at gym equipment for our little gym yet but I really do want to start Insanity since we already have the DVDs. Will have to actually start forcing myself!

How’s your spending, working out and extra income going?

Comments

1. John S @ Frugal Rules says

Great pictures! My wife and I were just discussing our next big trip, which will be for my birthday next year. We're thinking it might be without the kids so that definitely opens up the possibilities. I am thinking maybe something Caribbean as well. :)

2. Sam says

Totally feel you on the gift card problem! haha this happens to me Every.Single.Time!!
    Love your pictures from St. Thomas :) You make me even more excited for our trip to Mexico next week.
    You are already KILLING IT with extra income this year [No Surprise!!] so way to go girl! Are you still planning on doing an in-depth post on this?? Otherwise, maybe I can email you to get details on how you are a freaking rockstar.
    My recent post Just Checking In… Weekend Recap :)

3. Jordann says

Nice extra income even for a slow week! My extra income this month has been pretty slow, which is strange since my blog has a better Alexa ranking than it ever has. Oh well I'm not going to fret about it too much.

I hear ya with the gift cards, I have one to lululemon right now (which I would normally spend in a heart beat) but for some reason I'm just not feeling any of the products they have to offer. It's strange, but I'm fine with holding onto it until something desirable comes.
    My recent post Beware The Coupon

4. mycanuckbuck says

Pics look awesome. Didn't make any extra income last week – expecting 65 bucks this week with luck!
    My recent post 5 easy ways to save at the gas pump

5. Jason Clayton says

Always wanted to visit St. Thomas – it's now one of my must visit places ( great pictures!)

As always, nice work on the extra income. I'm always impressed!
    My recent post Straight Talk Wireless – Switch and Save Money

6. Budget & the Beach says

Ah those pics make me want to nap in the Caribbean. My spending is going great. My income is weak right now. I'm owed some money from clients and the guy who rents my garage. So pissed he's late, but I also shouldn't be in a position where I'm worried about his measly 150. My bad.
    My recent post Retail Therapy to the Rescue

7. Probably Rachel says

I loved St. Thomas when we were there (on a cruise). Hope you had a wonderful time!

I've been intrigued by your extra income posts (because honestly who doesn't want some extra income?). Then my husband earned $20 from doign a survey about his car and I emailed in a rebate from ordering contacts and I thought about your posts and how that's really extra income, just on a small scale. So thanks!

I'm a big fan of quick, easy and healthy food. We ended up eating chicken quesadillas about once a week because of that.