Sunday Meal Plan

Hope you are all having a great weekend! I have a picture of a dining room above because this is pretty much what I want to do with our dining room. This is actually exactly what I wanted, so when I just stumbled across this picture I was floored because what is the chance of me finding the EXACT items that I want all in one picture?!

I have everything picked out and now I just need to go to Ikea badly. We plan on going sometime this month. The table is more of a brown color and not white like it looks in the picture. What do you think?

We are still doing GREAT with our eating at home goal. To refresh you, our goal is to eat in Monday through Friday. We went out to eat on Wednesday, but we decided that we would trade off and eat in on Sunday instead.

Let me know how your food budget is going as well. What is your monthly food budget? How much do you spend on restaurants? How about alcohol?

Here’s what I plan on making as our main course for each dinner:

What’s on your menu? Share any recipes :)

Comments

1. LenaAtOnMySide says

This is a really pretty dining room! It looks like an IKEA table. Our grocery budget is $280 for a family of 4 (it also includes HBA, necessities and diapers). And our eating out budget is $50 which is basically one restaurant trip and one take-out or fast food (Subway). But we drink alcohol at all, so it makes it a lot cheaper :)
    My recent post Is Black Friday really worth it?

2. SWR says

It looks lovely, but I would be worried that the chairs would be uncomfortable.

We don't have an 'average' restaurant bill (alcohol either). I'd say we spend about $30/month on alcohol, but it's more like $90 every three months.

Somewhere between 200 and 250 is our happy medium for groceries. Anything under $200 and we're probably eating out more than normal. If we don't plan, it's more like $350. We do lots of in-season produce and meat-lite meals to keep costs down.
    My recent post Our debt story, part 2: The post-college years

3. In Budgets We Trust says

We're still struggling with our food budget and saying no to outings. However, I stumbled across a blog called Budget Bytes (http://budgetbytes.blogspot.com) earlier this week that gave me a ton of great and quick recipes to work with. I don't know this blogger personally, and I like how she posts the cost per serving.

So far, I've made the "Dragon Noodles" recipe twice and a white bean and tuna dish that I can't remember the name of. Planning on using her tips to freeze some quesadillas to help the boy reign in his eating out spending! ;)
    My recent post Decluttering My Finances

4. Nichole Crews says

I have been so bad about eating out again! I need to start meal planning, again!
    My recent post T-minus two weeks until Thanksgiving

5. Tanner says

That roasted red pepper pasta sounds and looks delicious! Thanks for sharing. As for my budget… being on my own, I have a $120/mo food budget, which includes anything food related (ie; restaurants, though not alcohol, as I don't drink. If I did drink, it'd come out of there too). My menu is looking awfully uninteresting, since I don't see myself shopping for food until Wednesday or so. So salads and chicken stirfry it is!
    My recent post Adopt a Bear

6. Glen @ MPB says

I know this isn't exactly relevant to your post, but there is an ikea store being built within 1 mile of our house! To say i'm a little excited would be a massive understatement!

Food budget – We allocate $150 a week for all food items. Most weeks we stay under, but every once in a while we have a shocker and it will end up closer to $200. This last week we went out for dinner 4 nights (lots of birthdays) so we ended up blowing out badly :(
    My recent post Buying Land and Building a House – Part 2

7. Canadianbudgetbinder says

We just got back from IKEA about 2 hours ago now, wow I forgot how crazy it is in there. We were looking at kitchens and decided on the one we want but decisions are the worst especially for Mrs.CBB.. lol. Personally we find most of IKEA not our style as it's very ultra modern to us. The kitchens on the other hand I don't mind as I put one in my old house and loved it. I post a recipe every Sunday on my blog and this week it was Cauliflower Cheese Bake.. YUM! Mr.CBB