I’m sick today. Everything hurts, help! I bought medicine last night but lets see how well that will work. I also had to leave class around 1.5 hours early last night because my body ached so bad. Why am I always sick lately!? My sister told me the other day that she had strep throat, and she then coughed all over me and took a sip of my drink, so I’m afraid that I might have that.
Anyways, right now we have no curb appeal. If I showed you a picture of the front of my house, you would probably laugh. When the weather is nice, our grass still doesn’t grow. We have branches and twigs all over our yard as well. We don’t leave the branches and the twigs there, they seriously form over night. Hopefully our neighbors don’t hate us.
Our house is also pushed a little further back than the rest of the houses on our block, so all the leaves also get pushed into our yard. Which makes us a little angry because we (ok the BF) rakes all the time.
We also have a big pile of branches on the side of our house that we have collected. We need to get rid of that. We asked our trash company to take it and paid extra money for them to take it as well, and when the day came, they didn’t take it. I actually watched the trash-men look through our branch trash and they picked certain twigs out. They did this even though the trash company said they would already take it. Now our trash company has been switched 2 or 3 times since the past year, and we can never manage to talk to any sort of customer service. So it’s still just sitting in the corner. Luckily no one can see this corner from the street.
- Add plants. We don’t have any plants in our yard either (besides trees, dead grass and some dead bushes). I would like to add some nice plants and preferably plants that are natural in our area. We have a garden area already set up in front of our house, and sometimes things grow, and sometimes they don’t. I would love to plan some pretty flowers there. Anyone have gardening tips?
- I would also like some sort of lit walkway. Not an absurd amount of lights, but something nice.
- Green grass. We threw grass seed on our grass last year and that worked great, but we still have bald spots that won’t seem to grow. Help?
- Red front door. Right now our front door is white. I really want to paint it red. I’m also kind of leaning towards yellow. Not sure yet, what do you think?
- Put a fresh coat of white paint on our shutters. We would of course definitely have to power wash these, as they are super dirty.
If you recently did a bunch of things to redo your yard, how much did you spend? What did you do? I don’t even really know where to begin. I know we’ll most likely head to Lowes or Home Depot, but where can I find the best prices?
I’m not sure what we’ll make the budget for all of this to be. Last year we spent around $75 on flower seeds (which did NOT grow), mulch and grass seed. For some reason I can never get flowers to grow, any tips? If you know of any amateur sites that describe any/some of the things that I had a question about, please share! Also, of course we know that the total this year will be over $75, but I would like to set some type of budget. Maybe $500? I’m not sure.
Join the free Master Your Money course!
Join the free email course and finally learn how to manage your money better, pay off debt, save more money, and reach financial freedom.